Crab Mango Salad in Wonton Cups.

This is a beloved recipe in our home. Crab happens to be on my "Top Five Foods" list. This recipe contains many of my favorite flavors: lime, cilantro, mangos. It truly is a treat that pleases a croud and carries a bit of a "wow" factor. This simple appetizer looks fancy and beautiful. (I love easy recipes that food people into thinking you slaved away!) It is my go-to recipe for a dinner with friends. Sometimes I skip the wonton cups and add pasta for a seafood pasta salad that is sure to please the mature taste buds. Enjoy!

CRAB MANGO SALAD IN CRISP WONTON CUPS
Recipe via Ellie Krieger

For the Wonton Cups:
Cooking spray
18 wonton wrappers, thawed (if frozen)
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon salt

For the dressing:
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil

For the salad:
1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1/2 cup finely diced mango
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
Brush the wonton wrappers with oil, and place each wrapper into a section of a mini-muffin tin. Gently press each wrapper into the tin and arrange so that it forms a cup shape. The wrapper will overlap itself and stick up out of the cup. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from the tin and allow wrappers to cool.
Meanwhile whisk together the zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Add the oil and whisk until well combined.

In a medium bowl, toss together the crabmeat, celery, mango, scallion and cilantro. Add dressing and toss to combine. Fill each cup with the crab salad and serve.

8 comments

  1. YUM. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crab is a delectable luxury that I love. I"m excited to give this recipe a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened up my (digital) Cards magazine last night, and there you were! Congrats again!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my godness, it looks so delicious. I love mango.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely going to have to try these. THey look amazing! Would you want to share something with us that you've made recently? ‎{Share the Love} link up party is starting tomorrow at mydomesticdesign.com! Please come link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good, even though I'm not a crab kind of girl. I looove mango though. I might have to try a different meat with these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cut the sum you use down the middle and you simply spared at least calories. In the event that you would prefer not to cut the sum at that point change to an option. https://ludicenerev.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing what you have to say and appreciate your comments.