Good Morning Hearts.

Happy Valentine's Day! I woke up my little sweethearts this morning with a heart-themed breakfast. The minnies were so excited as I flipped the heart pancakes onto their plate. And strawberries? They are naturally heart shaped. Perfect as a side or topping.

These are so easy (and fun) to make. I used a squeeze bottle I purchased at a local craft store. (You can find them in the candy-making area.) I snipped off the end to make the opening a little wider. Then, I drew my hearts on a hot skillet and filled in. Cute, cute!

***We also do this for St. Patrick's Day, shaped as shamrocks. Die the batter green for extra fun.

16 comments

  1. So cute! My girls would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! We had apple slices shaped like hearts and slices of toast cut into hearts using my cookie cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pile of strawberries looks delicious! Such a fun start to your day today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and clever. Happy valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squeeze bottle idea is a wonderful one! Wish I'd come to your home for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love heart shaped pancakes. Don't they just taste better than regular ones?

    Happy Valentine's.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to get one of those squeeze bottles! We had "Sealed with a Kiss Muffins" for breakfast (strawberry muffins with a chocolate kiss inside).

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea! I "stole" it and made it for my son's dinner last night. I posted a pic on twitter and facebook and of course, credited the idea to you! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun mommy! i HAVE to remember to do this when my baby is a little bit older! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTEST PANCAKES EVER. i simply love that top photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I think I'll use an empty ketchup or honey bottle for ours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for inspiring me... today I made those http://www.coffeeandvanilla.com/pancake-doodles-with-raspberry-syrup/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this idea and shared this suggestion in my blog. Checks there:

    http://rafaribeiiro.blogspot.com.br/2012/06/daqui-e-dali-22.html

    Kisses and hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing what you have to say and appreciate your comments.