Valentine's Day: In Review.

What is love? A husband who will grocery shop for my last-minute missing ingredients on his way home from school.

Our dinner was yummy. (Well...except for the "seafood medley." We both decided that mussels are not our favorite. They were tossed in the trash. Sad. I hate wasting food, but I could.not.eat.them. Ick.) We were too stuffed to eat dessert. J's favorite menu item was the asparagus soup. Mine was the green bean salad. (The only thing missing was a great, big, homemade, buttery dinner roll. Too bad it's not on my diet. Sigh. I miss gluten. Allergies stink.)

I set the table in red and black and pulled out our polkadot martini glasses for the water. (I learned that martini glasses are not good water glasses, by the way. They hold next to nothing and we ended up refilling every two minutes. But, they were pretty. That's what counts, right?)
We exchanged small gifts. We both bought each other wallets. Kind of funny. Mine is small to go with my new mini purse and is chevron striped. He knows me too well.

After the candle-lit dinner, we did what all truly romantic couples would do:  homework.

Hope your heart-day was fabulous.

15 comments

  1. Your meal looks divine, Hannah! And I love the texts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy canoli. I've never had lobster! what a gorgeous meal. (and I love the polka dotted glasses).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lover & Hot Mama, eh?! Suddenly, I'm feeling okay that my husband referred to himself as Sugga Daddy on my blog. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so romantic and cute. The food looks delicious, what a shame getting rid of the mussels, I love them, yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pink Little Cake: I probably cooked them wrong. This is the first seafood that I couldn't stand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like oysters - you would probably like mussels - but i hear they are hard to cook.
    Your dinner is beautiful. I forgot about my martini glasses. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks scrumptious! glad you had a happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun to make your own Valentines day dinner. This one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay that is hilarious because my husband and I call each other lover...or when we're being real romantic it's lover butt!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yall are such sweethearts :)..

    oohh... you could have given the mussels to meee instead of ditching them!! they are so good! (and we eat them all the time here in Asia!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just impressed that you made all of that! WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to try the asparagus soup... intriguing!

    Good luck with homework.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY! That is a yummmmmmmmy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great celebration you had and love the texts - so cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing what you have to say and appreciate your comments.