8 Years.

8 years ago, I was 19. And getting married. I'm not sure how a youngin' like that made such a brilliant choice in husbands, but I did. Luck, I think. Certainly not maturity.

Since that day, a lot has happened. We are nowhere near where we thought we'd be 8 years later. Dreams change so much from age 19 to age 27. I'm sure I'll say the same thing in 10 more years after life takes us for a few more unexpected turns. But through all the uncertainty of life, one thing has remained constant: I am completely and totally in love with my husband.

A few wedding pictures for your enjoyment:
Minutes after we said "I do!" (I am holding my small, back-up bouquet in this picture.)

My gorgeous bouquet. The flowers at my wedding were out-of-this-world. When I was at my consultation, the wedding planner asked me what I wanted my colors to be and I said "Bright! For sure yellow in the mix."  With her help, we came up with this beautiful bouquet and the colors made me sooo happy. The gerber daisy is actually a salmony-pink, which helped calm down the bright-bright-bright of everything else.

The pretty cake. This cake was DELISH. The fruit tied in with my bright, bright theme. At the time, I wasn't really a cake-kinda-girl, so this was oh-so perfect for me.
Our kiddo entourage. My sweet little princess cousins and nieces. (And one handsome little red-headed boy who looks amazingly like my own red-headed boy. They must be cousins.)

We had two receptions. One that my parents put on (seen above), and one that was hosted by my husband's parents in Idaho. Both were lovely. One of the best thing about getting married to someone from Burley, Idaho is that you are required to register at Ace Hardware. (No, really. You totally read that right. ACE HARDWARE.) I remember telling my future father-in-law that I didn't really want to register there and he said, "Well, that's fine, but no one is going to give you any presents." So, we did. When we arrived at the reception, before it began, there was a table of matching-presents already waiting for us. Ace delivers! Oh, it was the highlight of my day. We have had a few too many laughs over that.
We're going to be celebrating all weekend. (Our actual anniversary is Sunday, but we like to drag out the festivities.) Will be back Monday with some of our final organization tips and maybe an announcement.

32 comments

  1. Well, 20 years ago I did the same thing. I married my best friend just 5 days after my 19th birthday. On Wed, the 18th, we celebrated 20 wonderful years together. So, sometimes us young'ns can make a great decision. Enjoy, and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 8 years! I love your Ace Hardware bit - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 20 when I married my hubs, we just celebrated our 8th anniversary a few weeks ago. I agree for being so young I made a great decision!!

    Happy Anniversary, have lots of fun together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, have a wonderful weekend and celebrate your love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Those flowers are stunning and the Ace packages are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous--makes me want to get married all over again. LOVE the ACE Hardware boxes...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your anniversary! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous and unique. You should design a card based on your wedding bouquet! I too was married at 19 over 33 years ago, unfortunately for me it only lasted 21 years. I'm very happy for you and sincerely wish you all the best for always. I lived in Rexburg and Boise for a combined 11 years, and I love that hardware registration! I'm sure that you did not regret registering with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 8 fabulous years! The pictures are beautiful. LOVE the bright colors. I wish I had a Summer wedding but was NOT going to wait that long to make it happen. You're so beautiful, it's fun to see the pix. And the Ace story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband's family is originally from the Burley area too. I keep hearing of more people from there. I have no idea how because it is all so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your Anniversary. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding pictures are gorgeous, the fruit cake looks so good! Funny how things don't always go as planned after you get married. I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating with your family and many more years of happiness together :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your anniversary...embarrassing, but I hadn't even had my first boyfriend by age 19. Love finds us all at different times.

    Your cake looks so interesting--what were the layers made of?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, Happy Anniversary! :o)

    A cute girl from our ward just got married last week to someone from Burley Idaho...I'll have to ask her if she registered at ACE Hardware up there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy anniversary, hannah!-love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy anniversary! i have to say Driggs, ID carries the same tradition for registering at Ace too, we didn't mind though, we got some good tools and stuff we needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. such lovely pictures, thank you for sharing with us!
    You were a beautiful bride, happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats. Here's to future anniversary trips together -- whenever our lives get to the stage when we can make that possible.
    That cake was delicious. I still remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! What a beautiful dress, the colorful flowes and the cake. OMG, I have so many questions about that cake. Is that pastry cream inside with the fresh fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL @ Ace Hardware!! My boss is from Burley - - I bet your husband knows him or vice versa. He seems to know everyone we come in to contact with that is from Burley.
    Congratulations - and that bouquet was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  20. too funny about Ace Hardware! Apparently, it's all the rage in St. George too! HA!
    Congrats on eight years! It was fun to see some photos of the day. Cute cute.

    Oh, and p.s. I'm cursing you and your grandma's cookies. I think I gained approx. 10 pounds this week from making them with my little sister!! They are SOOOOO good. And so moist, especially for OATMEAL cookies. They are delicious and will officially be moved to my "FAVORITE" list.

    Thanks, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ha!! I remember thinking the same thing about Ace Hardware!! Loved the pics! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was such a happy day. Eight years later - you're still a beautiful bride and he's still the perfect guy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Anniversary Hannah! You and Sarah must have gotten married on almost the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you two are enjoying the weekend, Hannah! Happy 8th. :) Love seeing your wedding pics, and that cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful pictures! Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated 9 yrs married and 14 together. Here is to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding pics, you beautiful bride! And that cake and those flowers? Sort of dying over those.

    Plus, Ace Hardware. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You both look wonderful on your wedding day--Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gracious! Those pictures and that cake look AMAZING!!

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahhh...Happy Anniversary!! Those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Look like you had a really beautiful wedding. I am still waiting to marry my best friend and my boyfriend of 6 years, I'll know it come but getting a little inpatient.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love hearing what you have to say and appreciate your comments.